Saturday 21 August 2010

Thoughts on the Geometric patterns research.....

I have chosen the topic of Geometric patterns to do my research on. I've always loved these patterns but this project was hugely inspired by the Neubau Modul book.

So, I will research into all Geometric patterns in general but not ditch this fantastic book completely. This book really is good.

So...I need to....

-study the book ( as I have it !) and find as much info about it as possible! and think about what good will it do me?? ( A LOT)
- find out more about geometrical patterns in general
where they originated from
first used for
how to make them ( analogue, using a software?)
the mathematical side of it all ( not aesthetics)
what else is it used for? what does it represent ( not just within the design practice)
find designs with these patterns and try and find out why designers have used them ( packaging, prints, ads., info graphic etc)
Find out info about the differetn ways to create these patterns.....so I can create some myself!

go to library, find books
peoples thoughts

No comments:

Post a Comment