Wednesday 18 August 2010

Where did it all come from?

So, I thought I would start from the beginning.

Muji Pens are good.

Why are they so good? Before I try to answer that I think I would have to start from the beginning.

Starting from Muji itself.




The MUJI philosophy has won them a worldwide following over the last 20 years, emphasizing earth-friendliness, the use of innovative materials, and efficient packaging for reduced cost. Since opening their first store in Japan in 1983, MUJI is not only an internationally renowned company, but for many people is a way of life. MUJI merchandise is based on three simple elements: materials, process, and packaging. Inventive uses for materials that might otherwise have been discarded or ignored result in innovative product at the lowest cost. Equally important, MUJI infuses style and usefulness into everything produced, no matter what its provenance. To keep MUJI offerings focused and flexible, heavy attention is paid to the consumer's use of the product, and the manufacturing process is determined on that basis. Superfluous finishes are rejected, overprocessing is eliminated, and lines and forms are clean and uncluttered for manufacturing ease. MUJI carefully protects items for sale with packaging appropriate to their purpose. By using the same clear cellophane material to wrap most items, consumers see exactly what they are getting and don't pay extra for expensive packaging. Their guiding principle is flexibility, providing the savvy customer with products that are beautiful, useful, and essential "objects for living."


(Designer Bio from the MoMa Store )

There are so much material that you can find written about Muji and their philosophy, all of which I am interested in reading about. However, I just thought that I would lay out the general idea....for now( in this post) about what Muji stand for, to get a better understanding of their beautiful pens and not go into too much details yet.


It is a minimalist's dream.Its simple. Its also green!

But after all, this research is about why are their pens so good! not why Muji is so good.


I don't think that the entire reason for my love for Muji pens are just because they are 'Muji'. Although I must say now that it may have made me just a little bit more biased towards then.

To me, the Muji gel pens are the best pens I've ever used. they never disappoint me, unlike many other pens. They are easy to use. cheap and don't smudge.

More explanation to come...

this is just to say Muji pens are good and there are reasons why.....

No comments:

Post a Comment