Sunday 22 August 2010

Thoughts on Sustainable Design research.....

I have A LOT of reading to do.........

Questions I want answers to.....
  • Why sustainable design at all? why should we, as designers be thinking about sustainable design? understanding sustainable design
  • Why is sustainable design 'good'?
  • The effects of design ( esp Graphic design ) on the environment ( and not only global warming....effects it has on 3rd world places )>> this is important, I care about the environment and how we are wasting away our limited resources but ultimately, it is those who are truly effected by this change that I am concerned about.
  • How does becoming 'green' help?? how much effect do we have on the environment if we decide to change?
  • How to become more environementally aware?
  • how to act on it? how can I become greener in my designs??. Eg. choosing materials, ink, printers. etc
  • What about...if you're a poor student??
  • getting into it.....
  • find....books, websites, blogs
  • methods and theory
  • Case studies....examples of sustainable design
  • 'Green' design studios and designers
  • What is not good about it ?
  • Glossary/ Technical words
  • how make impacts with my designs? words don't always get through
  • Other effects of being greener ( other than the environment)

No comments:

Post a Comment