Monday 30 August 2010

A visit to my old house

Sunday was the election day, I'm not entirely sure who or what we were voting for but I was just voting for the party I think I agree with....

Anyways, we had to go vote in the area of the house we were registered at and I was registered at our old house. So, after we were done voting, we paid a little visit to the old home where my 'nanny' now lives and house sit with her family. ( thats another story for another time )

Visiting the old house after so many year brought so many good memories back, they all came rushing back like it was just yesterday.

My mum's wardrobe has a top shelve ( on the left) and that was where my mum kept all the children exercise books...out of my reach. When I was little I was obsessed with books, more specifically children exercise books and children encyclopedias. I had so many animal books, then, it was obvious I was going to grow up to be some kinda of vet or biologist ( I don't know what happened between then and now...) Anyways, every time my mum bought me these exercise books ( they had simple logic problems, maths, thai and etc in them ) I would go through them so quick that my mum had to ration them out to me one at a time and keep the rest in her wardrobe, ou of my reach. I used to find a way to climb up and get those books anyway.

When I visited the old house,I went over to the wardrobe and now the shelve seems to be more out of reach for my mum than me.......

Everything in that house seemed smaller as well, and the street in front of our house.

The smell was the best. I went around the upstairs opening all the wardrobes, cupboards and draws and smelling them. The drawers where we kept all the videos still smells the same ( kinda damp, old and stale), to me it was the nicest smell. the smells didn't bring back a certain memory, it was more like, a feeling of being a kid living in that house again

No comments:

Post a Comment